Crash with LMDB on iOS
QW Support
2015-02-09 20:24:46 UTC
I'm having trouble running the latest LMDB version on iOS 8.1.3

It seems to work with previous versions before SysV semaphores were used.

Now it crashes with SIGSYS on line:

semid = semget(IPC_PRIVATE, 2, mode);
(line:4520 file:mdb.c)

Has anyone got this to work?

Thanks

- Greg
Howard Chu
2015-02-10 16:10:46 UTC
Content preview: QW Support wrote: > I'm having trouble running the latest
LMDB version on iOS 8.1.3 > > It seems to work with previous versions before
SysV semaphores were used. > > Now it crashes with SIGSYS on line: > > semid
= semget(IPC_PRIVATE, 2, mode); > (line:4520 file:mdb.c) > > Has anyone got
this to work? [...]

Content analysis details: (-1.9 points, 5.0 required)

pts rule name description
0.0 URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was blocked.
See
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block
for more information.
[URIs: highlandsun.com]
-1.9 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 0 to 1%
[score: 0.0000]
Post by QW Support
I'm having trouble running the latest LMDB version on iOS 8.1.3
It seems to work with previous versions before SysV semaphores were used.
semid = semget(IPC_PRIVATE, 2, mode);
(line:4520 file:mdb.c)
Has anyone got this to work?
Sounds like iOS doesn't support SysV semaphores. That's unfortunate. I
was hoping we could forget about the POSIX semaphore code but apparently
we can't. I suggest you look back through the git history and revert the
commit that removed the POSIX semaphore code in your build.

LMDB on iOS is pretty limited already; iOS only supports 2GB of address
space even on the 64 bit builds. Apple's quite dishonest here,
advertising 64 bit support but not actually delivering any of the
advantages of it.
--
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com