Exclude ppolicy attributes from accesslog
Angel L. Mateo
2015-10-26 13:28:40 UTC
Content preview: Hello, I have an openldap server as an authentication backend
for my organization. I have a database with my users information. Is this
database, I'm using the ppolicy overlay to control my users passwords. I'm
also using the acceslog overlay (with its related cn=log database) to keep
a log of modifications. [...]

Content analysis details: (-4.2 points, 5.0 required)

pts rule name description
-2.3 RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED RBL: Sender listed at http://www.dnswl.org/, medium
trust
[155.54.212.164 listed in list.dnswl.org]
0.0 URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was blocked.
See
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block
for more information.
[URIs: um.es]
-0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
0.0 RP_MATCHES_RCVD Envelope sender domain matches handover relay domain
-1.9 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 0 to 1%
[score: 0.0000]

Hello,

I have an openldap server as an authentication backend for my organization.

I have a database with my users information. Is this database, I'm
using the ppolicy overlay to control my users passwords. I'm also using
the acceslog overlay (with its related cn=log database) to keep a log of
modifications.

With the ppolicy overlay every mistake of a user in an authentication
process triggers a modification in the user entry (for the
pwdFailureTime attribute) and this modification triggers a new entry the
accesslog database.

My problem is that this accesslog database is storing a huge amount of
this entries and I would like to not store these kind of updates.

So my question is if there is any way to exclude some attributes from
the accesslog tracking.
--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática