bind/queries through multiple backends
Steffen Kaiser
2015-10-09 07:42:28 UTC
Content preview: Hi, I currently have a local OpenLDAP v2.4.40 with a bdb backend
and another instance with a ldap backend proxying binds and queries to an
AD. The bdb backend serves just one suffix: [...]

Content analysis details: (-1.9 points, 5.0 required)

pts rule name description
0.0 FROM_LOCAL_DIGITS From: localpart has long digit sequence
0.0 FROM_LOCAL_HEX From: localpart has long hexadecimal sequence
-1.9 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 0 to 1%
[score: 0.0000]

Hi,

I currently have a local OpenLDAP v2.4.40 with a bdb backend and another
instance with a ldap backend proxying binds and queries to an AD.

The bdb backend serves just one suffix:

dc=example,dc=com

The AD serves several suffixes:

dc=example,dc=com (same as local one)
dc=example,dc=net
dc=otherexample,dc=com
dc=anotherexample,dc=net

I would like to merge both configurations.

The entries of the suffix dc=example,dc=com, which is served by both
servers, are disjunct. There is no DN, which is located on both servers.
There will be some name problems, but these can be handled by
organisational means.

====

My first problem is that I cannot make bind work for DNs with
suffix dc=example,dc=com, which are located on the 2nd backend. In fact,
there are very few DNs of that suffix on the 2nd server, but there are. I
would like that bind first tries the first (local) server and, if the DN
is missing there, the second server (the proxy).

Currently, only the local backend is queried.

====

What would be the best solution to forward a bunch of suffixes to the LDAP
backend?
Steffen Kaiser
Dieter Klünter
2015-10-10 07:02:37 UTC
Content preview: Am Fri, 9 Oct 2015 09:42:28 +0200 (CEST) schrieb Steffen Kaiser
<***@vmail.inf.h-brs.de>: > Hi, > > I currently have a local
OpenLDAP v2.4.40 with a bdb backend and > another instance with a ldap backend
proxying binds and queries to an > AD. > > The bdb backend serves just one
suffix: > > dc=example,dc=com > > The AD serves several suffixes: > > dc=example,dc=com
Post by Steffen Kaiser
[...]

0.0 URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was blocked.
See
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block
for more information.
[URIs: sys4.de]

Post by Steffen Kaiser
[...]
slapd-relay(5) as subordinate database, and probably suffix "" on
superior database.

-Dieter
--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung